Octal-channel Serial Communication Controller with RS-232 interface
The SCC-08 module of ACTIS Computer S.A. is a 8-channel serial communication controller according to the IP specification. This module provides eight asynchronous full-duplex channels, with an independent Transmitter/Receiver baud rate generator for each channel.
Two types of interface are supported by the SCC-08 module: RS-232D for the SCC-08A version and RS-422/RS-485 for the SCC-08B. The SCC-08A provides all the modem signals (TxD, RxD, RTS, CTS, DTR, and DCD) for the RS-232D interface. The SCC-08B with RS-422/RS-485 interfaces allows multi-drop capabilities, and provides the TxD± /RxD± signals.
The SCC-08 module is based on a high performance single chip octal UART, which provides larger FIFO to minimize the receiver overrun or the interrupt overhead (16-Byte receiver and 16-Byte transmitter FIFOs for each channel). A complete industrial OS-9 environment is available for the SCC-08 module.
- Single-size IP module.
- Compatible with the VITA-4 specification.
- Eight asynchronous full-duplex serial communication channels.
- Separate baud rate generator for each channel.
- Data rate up to: 115.2 kbaud
- 16-Byte Transmitter and 16-Byte Receiver FIFOs.
- Watchdog timer function for each receiver.
- RS-232D communication interface with
- 5 V power supply only