Octal-channel Asynch/Synch HDLC Serial Communication Controller with RS-422/RS-485 interface
The UCC-08 module of ACTIS Computer S.A. is a 8-channel serial communication controller according to the VITA-4 specification.
This module provides eight synchronous or asynchronous full-duplex channels, with an independent Transmitter/ Receiver baud rate generator for each channel. Two types of interface are supported by the UCC-08 modules:
- UCC-08A: RS-232D interface.
- UCC-08B: RS-422/RS-485 interface.
The UCC-08A provides all the modem signals (TxD, RxD, RTS, CTS, DTR,and DCD) for the RS-232D interface. The UCC-08B with RS-422/RS-485 interfaces allows multi-drop capabilities with collision detection, and provides the TxD±, RxD±, TxC± and RxC± signals.
The UCC-08 module is based on a high performance single chip octal USART, which provides a very large FIFO to minimize the receiver overrun or the interrupt overhead (64-Byte receiver and 64-Byte transmitter FIFOs for each channel).
- Single-size IP module.
- Compatible with the VITA-4 specification
- Eight synchronous or asynchronous full-duplex serial communication channels.
- Separate baud rate generator for each channel.
- Data rate up to: 2 Mbits/sec
- 64-Byte Transmitter and 64-Byte Receiver FIFOs.
- RS-422/ RS-485 communication interface with multi-drop capabilities with collision detection.
- 5 V power supply only