ARCNET controller, support both 2.5 and 5 Mbps network speed
The LAN-12 module of ACTIS Computer S.A. is an ARCNET® (ATA/ ANSI 878.1) local area network controller according to the VITA-4 specification. The LAN-12 module is based on the SMC COM20020 ARCNET® controller.
The COM20020 is an advanced Universal Local Area Network controller which supports ARCNET® at 2.5 Mbit/s and 5Mbits/s speeds, and contains micro-code for network initialization, token-passing, data transfers with checking and acknowledgment, so that the user software don't need to deal with the data link layer.
The COM20020 incorporates an on-chip 2 kByte message buffer. An on-board 2 kByte EEPROM provides IP identification codes and module specific data. A complete industrial OS-9 environment is available for the LAN-12 module.
- Single-size IP module.
- Compatible with the VITA-4 specification.
- Supports ARCNET® (ATA/ANSI 878.1) protocol.
- Advanced COM20020 controller for a full software configuration control.
- Network monitor capability permits list of active node IDs to be acquired and allows automatic ID selection.
- Flexible interface supports adaptors for network media, radial and bus configurations.
- Standard speed 2.5 Mbit/sec.
- Optional speed 5 Mbit/sec. (LAN-12/5).
- 2 kB of non-volatile memory (EEPROM).