Fast Ethernet controller, support both 100Base-TX and 10Base-T interfaces
The LAN-200 from ACTIS Computer s.a. is an IP module able to handle the 10/100 Mbits/s standard Fast Ethernet(tm) protocol to the IEEE 802.3u specification.
This product represents the newest generation of fast Ethernet controller available on the IP module market. This controller offers an high design integration, which provides on-board transceiver and transformer interface for a complete 10Base-T/100Base-TX solution on a single size IP module.
It may be operated at 8 MHz or 32 MHz but the 32 MHz option is advisable if high performance is required.
The LAN-200 is ideal for connecting data processing equipment to work stations for rapid transfer of large files, such as images. It may also be employed in any local area network application. The very large internal buffer memory (128 kbytes) which is totally managed by the VLSI communication processor permits queuing of received data packets if the host processor has, for a short time, higher priority real-time tasks to perform.
This new controller generation provides software compatibility with the first generation controller LAN-100 IP module.
Full software support, available for industry standard operating systems.
- Newest Fast Ethernet controller
- On-board transceiver/transformer interface
- Direct 10Base-T/100Base-TX media interface
- Supports Ethernet protocol at 10/100 Mbits/s
- Auto-negotiation capability
- Compliance with IEEE standard 802.3u
- On-board 128-Byte fast FIFO
- LAN-200 kit includes dedicated transition module LN-200
- Other physical options such as fiber optics could be supplied.
- DMA supported - 1 channel - with byte swap feature.
- 32 MHz or 8 MHz carrier board options both supported.
- Standard ROM for ID, plus serial ROM for 48-bit MAC address.