8-input 16-bit Analog Acquistion Module
The MADC-1816 offers simultaneously sampling A/D architecture with 8 single-ended or 4 differential analog input channels.
All channel features programmable gain 1 or 2 and can program to handle analog input with a single-ended or differential configuration.
The acquisition can be started by the host or by an on-board sequencer that uses a channel list to specify which channel to acquire. A local 8Kx16 but dual ported SRAM stores the acquisition data. Memory pointers can be selected t limit the number of scans gathered, as well as the control of interrupt generation.
The 16-bit A/D converters can provide a global acquisition and conversion time of ≤5µsec per sample per channel.
The board offers a programmable digital filter:
- Using ±5 V range, the −3 dB frequency is typically 15 kHz.
- With the ±10 V range, the −3 dB frequency is typically 23 kHz.
This board is optimally suited for the following application domains:
- Process control
- Industrial control
- Precision instrumentation
- Data acquisition systems (DAS)
- Multi-axis positioning systems
Both Linux and Windows drivers are available.
For more technical data please refer to the following datasheet or contact our sales offices and distributors.
- 16-bit, charge redistribution SAR, A/D converter
- Hardware factory-calibrated and tested to ensure SNR and THD are within specifications
- Gain, offset, and linearity are also factory-calibrated
- Throughput 200 KSPS
- INL: ±0.5 LSB Max with no missing code
- 95.5 dB SNR, −107 dB THD
- Analog input voltage ranges, bipolar: ±10 V, ±5 V
- 7 kV ESD rating on analog input channels
- No pipeline delay
- Industrial -40 to +85°C
- Airflow requirement 5 CFM
- Non-operating -60 to +120°C
- Relative Humidity 5 to 90 % (non-cond.)
- Altitude 0 to 10,000 ft
- Vibration 0.5G,20-2000 Hz rand
- Shock 20G, 11 msec, ½ sine
- MTBF >250,000 hours