Octal UART with RS-232 and RS-485 interfaces
PSCC –1028 is an octal asynchronous serial communication controller based on a PMC form factor.
The PSCC-1028 module is compatible with the PCI specification 2.2 and run on 32-bit bus size at 33 MHz frequency. Data transfers operation can be formatted in 8-bit, 16-bit, 24-bit or 32-bit wide.
The PSCC-1028 provides 8 enhanced 16C550 (5th gen) UARTs with the PCI Bus interface. Half and full duplex mode are supported with RS-485 interface for point-to-point and multi-drop bus configuration..
Each UART has its own 64 Byte of transmit and receive FIFO, a set of 16C550 compatible control and status registers, and a baud rate generator for individual channel data rate setting.
All channels are available on front panel (SCSI 68-pin connector) and on rear I/O connector (P4).
Electrical interface is selected under software control. The PSCC-1028 can running on major real-time operating systems and with the open-source Linux™ or VxWorks operating systems.
- IEEE Std 1386.1-2001 PMC module
- Octal asynchronous Serial Communication Controller
- RS-232 signals: TxD,RxD,RTS,CTS,DTR,DCD,DSR
- RS-485 signals: TxD,RxD
- Half and full duplex support
- Up to 6.25 Mbps data rate @ RS-422/485
- Up to 250 kbps data rate @ RS-232
- 32-bit @33 MHz PCI interface
- 3.3 V and 5 V PCI signaling
- Industrial temperature grade -40/85°C
- Conduction cooled version available