6U Quad IP module carrier board, for 16-bit @ 8 MHz VITA-4 IndustryPack modules.
The VIPC-6400 board is a passive VME IP Module carrier, with four expansion slots. This carrier board facilitate a modular approach to system assembly by extending peripheral capability with IndustryPack concept.
The VIPC-6400 board has a VME slave interface supporting A32/A24/A16/D16/D8(EO) with an interrupter (requester) D8(O).
Four simultaneous IP Module slot are supported with 8 MHz mode bus. This interface supports the IndustryPack specification for 8 and/or 16-bit data for the available memory spaces (ID, IO, MEM, INT) . Up to 8 interrupts request are available for VME interrupt.
The four IP module I/Os are available on four half-pitch 50-pin shielded connectors located on the front panel. The IP Module slot D supports rear VME I/Os connection.
Individual EMC filter is provided for each on-board supply voltage introduced for accurate analog modules. A floating ground layer underneath IP slot enhances system noise reduction for sensitive applications. All power supplies are fuse protected by using thermal devices, which ensure an easier product maintenance.
The VIPC-6400 is compatible with hundred of IP Module products available from ACTIS Computer and third-parties. Typical applications cover industrial I/Os, serial communication controllers, acquisition system, etc.
- VME Bus double-height (6U) carrier board
- Accepts 4 IP modules
- Conforms to VITA 4-1995 IP Specification
- 8MHz bus mode support
- Conforms to VME Bus specification C.1 (IEC 821)
- I/O and ID access mode A16/D16.
- A16 base address defined by 5 jumpers.
- Memory access in A24/D16 or A32/D16 modes
- A24 or A32 memory space access base address and size of block in A24 space set up by software
- Memory access disabled on reset, avoids problems with any operating system initialization memory-search process
- Read-modify-write cycles supported
- IP interrupts directed to any 3 of the 7 VME Bus interrupt lines
- Carrier board can generate a vector (STATUS/ID byte) if any IP can not do so